Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prank Call or Korben Mischief?

Monday morning I awoke to the awful buzzing of our alarm clock at 6:00am even though Josh didn't need to get up for work so early that morning and swears he didn't set it. I just said, "Ok" and left it at that even though I was really thinking, "Right, our alarm clock all of a sudden came alive and decided to set itself!" Anyhow, I only mention this because I've been trying for quite some time to catch on some much missed and needed sleep. The day before, I actually got a 3 hour nap in and thought I would go to bed at a fairly decent hour and that night was THE night I was going to finally get some sleep! Then the stupid alarm mysteriously went off all by itself.

Well last night I had the same thoughts of maybe actually getting some sleep. Korben fell asleep at 8:30 last night for the first time in a while (He has been staying up much later the past couple of weeks) and I thought, "Ok, this is for sure the night!" I even checked the alarm to make sure it was NOT on before I went to bed. Sure enough, at 6am this morning, the alarm did NOT go off...... but the phone sure did ring! At first, I was just angry. But as I started listening to Josh talk to the lady who had so rudely called our house so early in the morning, I got curious. He was saying things like, "United States... Texas" and he ended up hanging up on her. When I asked him who it was, he said he didn't know but she didn't speak very good English and wanted to know where she was calling and claimed that we called her first. And then the phone rang again and Josh again tried to tell her he didn't know her and didn't call her and hung up again. But the phone rang again, and again, and again! She seriously called back about 5 times! Listening to Josh talk to this obviously crazy lady made me laugh so hard! Finally after she asked Josh a million times where she was calling and why we called her, Josh asked HER where she lived and according to her, our caller lives in the Philippines! What in the world?? The Philippines??? Really?? Needless to say, Josh and I both just started laughing hysterically!! Anyhow, Josh apologized to her for the misunderstanding and she finally accepted that we honestly had no idea what she was talking about and she quit calling.

So one of 2 conclusions can be drawn from this: 1) God has a very big sense of humor and is using different methods to keep me from getting my sleep and He is getting a good laugh from His newest idea to use a crazy prank caller to do just as such! Or 2) Korben decided to get into some serious mischief yesterday and made a veeerrry long distance phone call! Let's just say that I'm not hoping for the latter of the two! Josh tried looking up our phone bill online but it would only let us see our last bill that's already due this month... so I guess it will be another month before we have our answer!

3 comments:

The McGrew Crew said...

Love it...Landon has been known to make a few phone calls himself! Maybe it's time to get them a cell phone??

kristi said...

that will be hilarious if he called there........too funny!

josh said...

i'm taking the long distance bill from his piggy bank...oh, and i did not set the alarm that one night...for the record