Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best Day Ever!

This past Thursday I turned 27...and I got the best birthday present ever... snow! I'm not normally a fan of winter and cold weather but it turns out I am a huge fan of that cold white fluffy stuff called snow! I know I sound like a cheese ball but I really am in awe of the awesomeness of it! It is absolutely gorgeous to look at and so much fun to play in! I've only been up north during the summer months and I've never been snow skiing or anything so seeing this kind of snow was a first for me. Korben and I went out in it first thing in the morning and when we came back inside, it didn't take him more than 10 minutes to bring me his jacket and shoes and ask to go back out in the "stow" as Korben so called it! I could go on and on and on about my new found love, but in respect of your time, I won't! Instead, I'll leave you with a few pictures from the best day ever! Well, 2 days really since we went out again on Friday. :)


Our winter wonderland


"Stow!"




Building our Korben sized snowman


The finished product


When Daddy got home, Korben went sledding on the lid of a storage container. That was by far his favorite part of the snow!


Footprints in the snow :)

And just for the record, I did get other birthday presents. Josh had a new Dyson Ball Animal vacuum hiding in the closet and later that day, I got flowers and a candy basket delivered to the door! And Korben gave me a new game for my Nintendo DS. Since the weather was bad, we didn't go out to Olive Garden like I usually like to do on my birthday but I love Boston Market and rarely get to eat it so Josh brought some on his way home from work! It was truly a birthday I will always remember!


3 comments:

Anna said...

What an exciting birthday present! The snowman is precious. Happy belated birthday, friend!

kristi said...

oh happy happy late birthday friend!! what a fun day!!! love all the snow pics!! and does josh seriously have on SHORTS in the snow!! MAN-LY man!! or CRAZY man!! heehee!!!

Cassi said...

Josh is in deed wearing shorts! He is a complete loon! I'm looking forward to the day when Korben wants to wear his shorts outside in the cold and I say no and he says, "But Daddy does it!"