Friday, February 19, 2010

A Letter to Korben

My Sweet Korben,

I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that it has already been 2 years since you were born! I remember the day we found out about you like it was yesterday. I stared at those 2 pink lines for what seemed like forever. And then I cried. Tears of joy of course. I remember feeling you kick and move inside of my tummy... that was my absolute favorite part of being pregnant with you! As you got bigger and stronger, you kicked harder and harder. Daddy and I loved putting things on my tummy and watching you kick them right off! You never cooperated when we tried 4 different times to do a 4D sonogram. I should have known then that you would end up being so strong willed! You also showed your stubbornness when you were born because you didn't want to come on your own. But you did come and when you did, I was the happiest I had ever been! I still remember your first smiles, the first time you laughed (your proud emotional mama cried at that milestone), the time I felt your first tooth come in, how you did that cute army crawl forever before crawling on all fours, your first words, and your first steps (I cried at that one too). Today, you are an active wild child full of energy with lots to say and you already have an opinion on so many things! Your strong willed spirit is as strong as ever but that's part of the specific and perfect design your Big Daddy gave you when He created you and I wouldn't have it any other way! I love watching you enjoy the things you do in life. How you get that surprised, excited look on your face when the phone rings or somebody knocks on the door and you say, "Who's that?!" I love seeing you get excited whenever you see a character you like... right now your favorites are Mickey Mouse, Pooh Bear, Handy Manny, and The Wiggles. I love watching your face light up when you get to take a bath and brush your teeth... one of your favorite parts of the day! I love taking you to Little Gym every Saturday morning and watching you explore! I love watching you wrestle with Daddy...another one of your favorites! And I love hearing you say, "I lolve lu!" Raising you and watching you grow up these last 2 years has brought me happiness I cannot put into words. You are a joy, Korben Hugh Chaney and I am so proud, glad, and thankful that our Big Daddy chose and allowed me to be your Mommy! I cannot wait to see what the next year brings for you! Happy Birthday, my sweet son! I love you to the moon and back a thousand times!


-Mommy



One day old


6 weeks old


6 weeks old - already grossed out by Mommy kisses!


6 months old - he LOVED cords at that age!

6 months old

1 year old2 years old!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Aww Happy Birthday Korben!!! What a sweet boy you are!