Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Fun!

Oh thank goodness the warm weather is here! The Chaney's summer has kicked off to a great start! Last Wednesday, we took Korben to our community pool for the first time this summer.... he hated it! I thought he would love it since he LOVES bath time but nope, he hung on for dear life! We went to the park afterwards and at least he liked that part. The next day, a group of mommies from our ABF went to the Harry Myers splash park and again, Korben hung on for dear life. So we gave up and went to dry ground to visit and eat lunch. I finally decided to go ahead and change Korben out of his cute Gymboree swim trunks and into some dry clothes... and wouldn't you know that the first thing he did after that was run straight into the water! Sooo, I just took off his clothes and let him play in his diaper.... he looked like quite the orphan child! There is also a picture of Korben and Katelynn again and since I always refer to her as his girlfriend, I guess I should explain... My friend, Kara, and I were pregnant together and we had the same doctor(s) so we would always see each other at our appointments and our kids, Katelynn and Korben, were born just 12 days apart so we decided to take upon ourselves to betroth them! So now we refer to them as each others girlfriend/boyfriend. We're cool like that! :)

I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not, but after our first disaster trip to the pool, I left Korbens crab floaty thingy in the house for him to play with hoping that he wouldn't be so scared of it next time it was in the water. So on Saturday, we went to Josh's cousins house to celebrate her graduation and Korben actually seemed to enjoy the water... crab floaty thingy and all!

A couple days ago, I finally busted out the blow up pool that Haley was kind enough to give us...Korben LOVED it! He would sit in it and splash around for a bit and then he had to get out to stick his head in the sprayer part! It was really funny! And the great thing about not driving to the community pool is we don't have to worry about putting on swim diapers and swim trunks! :)

Also, you'll notice in the first swim picture with me in it, that I'm wearing a green swimsuit and in another picture, I'm wearing a blue one... why, you ask? Well, since doing a pretty extreme exercise program with Josh called P90X, I've lost about 8lbs and my swimsuit from last year (the green one) was too big. Sooo I got to go shopping for a new one! I had a hard time finding a cute one piece and went to several stores before finding one. Most of the ones I found were for old ladies (no offense to any senior citizans... I am only 26 though)! So I finally went to Sports Authority in Rockwall and found a cute "non-old lady" Roxy suit that I am very pleased with! Bring on the summer! :~)



Layering on the sunscreen before hitting the pool



We love the swings!



Swinging is also good relaxation.... enough for a nap!


Isaac, Lily, Korben and Andrew


Sharing some lunch with girlfriend, Katelynn

Holly was nice enough to put Korbens shoes on him! He has a shoe fetish and is always looking for someone to put some on his feet!


Finally decided to play in the water AFTER he got dressed


My little orphan boy running around in his diaper




Getting a quick drink :)

Oooh, some shoes to wear!

Nothin' like being soaking wet!

This is what happens after a long day of playing hard
(Isn't he just adorable when he's sleeping??) :~)



5 comments:

Tamara said...

Such adorable pictures! My favorite: Korben sleeping and Korben getting a drink...

J.A.I.L said...

Fun times! We hope to get our pools out this weekend!

Jennie said...

Oh my goodness! The picture of Korben sleeping on Josh is ADORABLE!! What a little doll. I love the hand under the chin. :) And what a very cool pool!! I've never seen anything like that before! :) -- Jennie

Anna said...

Oh Korben and his shoes! He is such a funny little guy.

Kristen Brooks said...

What a cool pool!!! We need grass, so I can get a pool. And a slip and slide. Though I'd want to play on the slip and slid too.... LOL :) The water park thing looks fun!