Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Update (Picture Overload)!!

In the words of Kristi, oh my goodness gracious sakes alive of America! What a weekend we had! Let me first warn you that as is stated in the title of this post, there are a TON of pictures! And this may be more like a novel than a blog post, so don't say I didn't warn you!


Sooo, for Josh and Korben, this weekend started out with Little Gym on Saturday morning. Korben's class is on Saturday mornings when Josh is usually working. Since Josh got this past Saturday off, he got to take Korben to his Little Gym class. I think it was great father-son time for both of them! And for me, this weekend started out with a church activity thing early on Saturday morning. Our church celebrated their 30th anniversary and we were asked to come and serve our community together and try to collect 30,000 lbs of food to donate to local food banks. There were a ton of different ways you could help out in this project but our ABF elected to go door-to-door to collect cans of food. So we met at Lake Pointe at 8:30 am and from there we split up into 4 smaller groups to go out to different neighborhoods. I'm pretty sure just about every person from our class showed up to help! It was awesome! We left Lake Pointe at 9:00 to start our mission of collecting cans and it took us until 12:30 to finish our neighborhood... that's a lot of walking to do when it's 172 degrees outside!! Ok, maybe it wasn't THAT hot, but it was close! :~) It was well worth the cause, anyhow. We had our share of people ignore us and what-not, but that was totally to be expected... I'm just like that myself, sometimes, and I'm sure we did look like a cult or something in our matching T-shirts!! But all in all, we collected quite a bit of food. I'm not sure how we did as a whole church group but if everyone collected as much as our little group, then I'm sure we met our goal of 30,000 lbs! I wish I had a pic of all the food we collected but it didn't happen... oh well.



Our little group


some folks from other groups (still a part of the same class)

I see some cans in Josh and Anna's bags!


Scott and Kara ready to collect some food for the hungry!


After our little mission, it was off to Granny and Pops' lake house in Athens (almost immediately) to celebrate Great Mee-Maw and Pops' birthday! We had a great time! As soon as we got there, we hooked up Korbens swing and he loved that thing! Pops had to work so he showed up later but Korben was still swinging when he got there! Later that night, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Liz, cousin Leslie, Uncle Joey, and Aunt Jennie showed up and we all ate dinner at the Jalapeno Tree. It was delicious! And Pops got sung to by the staff and got a yummy dessert that he was nice enough to let everyone have a taste of!


The next day we were joined by Great Grandma and Granddad, Great Mee-maw and Granddad, Uncle Dale, cousin Becca, and Chloe. Korben went on the boat a couple of times and did pretty well. He loved being behind the wheel and driving... no worries though, we only let him drive when the engine was off! :~) It was so nice to be out on the water and go skiing for the first time this year... oh how I love water skiing! Maybe one day I will be able to go as long as Josh and cut as well at Joey... ok maybe not, but I still love it! I even attempted wake boarding this weekend and I got up for the first time ever.... but then I fell. So I tried it again and got up again! Woo hoo! Then I suffered the worst wipe out ever! I have no idea what even happened but I do remember the wake board coming off my feet and hitting the water face first and wanting to just stay there... until about 5 seconds later when I remembered I had to breathe so I really should move! It didn't take my hubby even a second to jump in the water and come to my aide when Darrell asked if I was OK and I shook my head "no"......he was my hero! :) Seriously though, it wasn't as bad it sounds written out like that. Don't get me wrong, it HURT, but all I needed was a little rest and some strong aspirin and I was good as new! One day I'll be like Josh and Joey and have no problems with that silly wake board! I can say though, that if you have sinus issues like I did this weekend, a fall into the lake will clear them right up... at least temporarily!


I also rode the Sea Doo with Becca and her friend, Chloe. I hadn't been on one in a while and I forgot how much fun they are! Becca was a super fun driver and we only fell off about 12 or 13 times... well, Becca and I did anyway! Chloe always seemed to be able to stay on somehow! But if you're not riding with the risk of falling off, it's not NEAR as fun!


Granny and Pops have a golf cart to ride from the house to the boat dock and Korben got several rides on that thing with just about everyone! I don't think it got used as a "taxi" as much as it should have because everyone liked riding it just for fun! We had a lot of fun and can't wait for the next trip! Happy Birthday Darrell and Helen! Hope it was fabulous!


On the road to Athens


Swinging Monkey!


Pops getting a turn to push Korben


Thanks for the grub, Leslie!


A cute picture with Daddy


Korben always put his chair right in front of the TV!


Riding the golf cart with Granny and Aunt Cindy (And Duke following them)


Now a turn with Mommy and Aunt Jeni :)


Getting ready to ride with Daddy... I just love the sunglasses on Korbens head and the puckered lips! :~)


Daddy let Korben drive!


Giving Mee-Maw hive five!


Aunt Cindy getting Korben ready for his nap :)


Daddy, Korben, Aunt Liz and Granddad


About to go out on the boat


Life jacket on...ready to go!

Cruisin' with Daddy

Since Korben is too young to ski, Pops decided to teach him to drive first! :)

Cruisin' with Granny!


Driving was the best part of the boat ride!


Korbens future skiing instructor showing his skills!


Daddy is a great skier!


Mommy taking a turn to ski


Mommy's attempt at wake boarding... this was right before falling but it looks like I'm super good and about jump a wake, doesn't it! :~)





4 comments:

Anna said...

Loved the picture overload! It looks like you guys had so much fun at the lake! What a good way to cool off after all of our hot can solicitation! I hope you are feeling better from your wipeout!

Kristen Brooks said...

Holy weekend girl! Looks like a blast! And I disagree, falling off the seadoo is NOT fun LOL but you know me, miss careful!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you ALL had fun! Glad you've recovered from your face plant!
hugs,
Dretha

Jennie said...

Looks like it was a FUN weekend! -- Jennie