Wednesday, May 27, 2009

15 Month Stats and More

Let's start out with Korbens stats from his doctor appointment today:

Height: 32 1/4 in. (80th %)
Weight: 24 lb 13 oz (55th %)
Head: 49 1/4 cm (90th %)

He's still tall and skinny with a large noggin! He also had his Hep A shot today. Josh is always the one to hold him down while he gets stuck because I'm weak and can't handle seeing my baby in pain... so I went and crouched in my little corner to watch from afar... all for nothing because today, there was not a single tear shed from Korbens little eyes! He didn't act like the shot bothered him at all! He was such a trooper!

On the downside of things, Korben has yet ANOTHER yeast infection. :( A couple weeks ago, he had one and it turned into staph but Kristen and Becky (aka Dr. Burchfiel... a friend of mine who happens to be MY doctor and lives right down the street) came to the rescue for me. Kristen loaned me a ton of cloth diapers and gave me some great advice and Becky was the one who actually diagnosed Korben and gave him the prescription for his antibiotics (it was on a Saturday when K's pediatricians office was closed that his rash had spread to his chest and legs and I decided it couldn't wait until Monday).... so thank you, thank you, thank you to both of you for being so awesome! You are such great friends and I appreciate you more than you know! The staph cleared up in about a week and I thought maybe we were finally on the road to no more diaper rashes with yeast infection, but alas, it was not be that way. Dr. Granger (Korben's pediatrician) said that Korben just has sensitive skin and will probably deal with this until he's out of diapers and to just keep doing what we're doing... poor baby!

Anyhow on a lighter note now, here are some pics from the last couple of weeks...there a ton!




Me and my best friend since 8th grade (and also who takes all of our professional photos b/c she is awesome!) I love you, Kristen!!


A couple of cute father-son moments




My cousin, April, who lives in Ft. Worth came for a visit on Monday with her 3 kiddos. We had a lot of fun with them! Aprils oldest, Ayden, wasn't thrilled about taking pictures though so I don't have any of him :( But I was able to get a couple of pics with Korben and Aprils younger kiddos, Adam and Zoe.



Hangin' out in the back of Daddy's truck while waiting on Granny and Pops to show up for dinner



Mowing the yard in pj's :)



This school semester, I watched a couple of great kiddos for a friend of mine. Andrew and Clara have become like family to me and I love them to pieces!! I got to the Staffords house right at lunch time and Clara always sat in the rocker in the kitchen while the boys ate... after a few times of bringing Clara back into the living room after lunch, Korben caught on to the routine and decided to be a little helper and push Clara himself! :~)

Korben and Andrew are great pals and loved playing peek-a-boo with the curtain!


Just about every Monday, we have a play date with Haley and Kara... the last of these photos are from a couple of those play dates



All 3 kiddos playing together: Korben, Landon, and Katelynn


Spending some quality time with girlfriend, Katelynn :)


Korben was really cute chasing Katelynn around to give her sugars! The boy needed to claim her before Landon tries to steal her away!! ....I know what you're up to, Landon McGrew!! ;~)






3 comments:

Kristen Brooks said...

Poor little buddy with that yeast infection! I need to find that diaper rash cream that's supposed to help w/ kids that get yeast a lot too for you. Maybe try bleaching and washing on hot his cloth dipes like 3-4 times too, to kill any yeast that got in them :(
I still refuse to believe that Korben is only like less than a lb lighter than Landon. Maybe it's that 1 in height difference that makes him so chunk looking! LOL

LOVE YA! MISS YA!

Anna said...

Precious pics of Korben and his daddy! I hope his infection clears up soon!

The McGrew Crew said...

Poor baby....another infection?? Hope it all heals up soon!! Atleast it's not holdin' him up from having fun! :)