Monday, June 8, 2009

Deja Vu

So I am a nerd watch "The Bachelorette." I know, I know, the concept is sick and ridiculous and every year I say I'm not going to watch it and then I do.... anyhow, that is another issue for another day. Sooo, this years bachelorette is from Canada and on tonights episode, Jillian and the guys went to her home town of Vancouver. Well, 2 summers ago (when I happened to be about 4 months preggo with our now 15 month old son, Korben!), Josh and I spent a week in Canada... the first half we were in Whistler and the second half, we stayed in Vancouver. When we were in Vancouver, we stayed at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.... well, did you happen to notice where Jillian and the guys stayed at on tonights show??? That's right, it was the same hotel that Josh and I stayed at when we were there! I'm sure their rooms were much larger and nicer than ours but still, we were at that hotel!

AND, we sooo ate at the restaurant that Jillian had her 2-on-1 date at on Grouse Mountain! The only way to get to that restaurant at the top of the mountain is by this gondola there.... little did I know 2 years ago when Josh and I rode that thing, that one day we would see it on TV when poor little Mike would get the boot on "The Bachelorette!" I've got one lone picture of it, but it was too dark and isn't very good so I didn't bother to post it. But here is what the outside of the restaraunt looks like....



And if you saw the previews to next weeks show, you saw Jillian standing next to this thing in Whistler......

I'm going to pee my pants if it turns out that she also stayed at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler...


Ok, maybe I won't literally pee my pants... but it would be ironic if she takes they guys to so many of the same places that Josh and I went when we were there! So will there be more deja vu?? Stayed tuned.... :)




4 comments:

Anna said...

Cassi you're such a trend setter!

kristi said...

so super cool............you & Josh must travel fancy-shmancy......staying in places that are shown on tv!!! FUN!! looks like a fun trip!!!

Kristen Brooks said...

HEY stop giving away spoilers to the Bachelorette!

Anna said...

Cassi - FYI - Tori and Dean stayed at your hotel in Whistler on their last episode...not that I watch that show or anything...