Friday, May 1, 2009

Bittersweet Day

I attended my 3rd funeral since January yesterday... my Aunt Jayne lost her battle against cancer and passed away this week. Her funeral was in Cisco (about 50 miles East of Abilene) so Korben and I packed up and headed west for the day. It was a very sad occasion and Wednesday night I was a COMPLETE wreck. I went through some tough moments at the funeral too, BUT I cannot tell you how much better I was once I was with my family! It was sooo stinkin' good to be with them! My parents are in California this week on vacation so they weren't able to be there, but it was still a really great little reunion in spite of the circumstances. I was able to get a few photos but my battery died before I got a chance to get a pic of everyone that I wanted. Maybe if Cari or anyone else that had a camera reads this post, they'll be nice enough to email the pics they took! ;~) I didn't take my camera to the cemetery because I thought it was inappropriate but now I wish I had so I could have that "life document" and really remember that moment... oh well.


To all of my family that was there..... Jamey, Granny Lucy, Rick, Karen, Barb, Mark, Carla, Pete, Morgan, Mikenna, Cari, April, Andy, Ayden, Adam, Zoe, Kylene, Kelly, Keith, Anne, Mitzi, David, Tyler, Kaylee, Monica, Jeremy, Kylee, Cliff, Nancy, and even the family members that I had never met before yesterday..... you cannot know how much comfort I got from spending the day with you! I love you all so so very much! Mom and Dad, even though you couldn't be there in person yesterday, you were there in our thoughts and hearts... and maybe a few conversations too!! I love you to the moon and back! I hate not getting to see you on a regular basis and I miss you dearly.

And now a few of the photos that I did get....


Korben with Uncle Jamey at the fam's hotel in Abilene after the funeral
Korben actually putting on sunglasses

Korben loved his cousins Morgan and Mikenna and they loved him! It was so cute watching these three play together! The girls loved getting "five" and "bonks" from Korben and Korben loved being chased by the girls! They were all constantly laughing at each other! Cutest thing ever!


Giving some more head bonks to Uncle Rick! A lot of people tried to get kisses but Korben just gave head bonks instead and thought it was hilarious!



He even warmed up to Uncle Cliff! :~) Korben really was great the whole day! Except for the hour that he kept running off into one of the meeting rooms in the hotel! :~)


We love you Jayne! We are all going to miss you!



3 comments:

Kristen Brooks said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Cass, that's 3 too many funerals to go to in that short time span! :(
Korben is so cute, and I"m jealous of his alligator tee if that helps :)
Cant wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

Cassi,
So sorry about the loss of your aunt...glad you were able to have a dose of family. You and Josh, and Korben, are blessed to have family, blessed to have cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents (even great-grandparents) who love you guys and Korben so much.
hugs,
Dretha

April Patteson said...

Hey, Cassi! I didn't have your blog on my list for some reason! Now I do. :) Thanks so much for your nice comments about Granny and all of us. You're right; it really was nice to be around everyone even if the circumstances weren't the best. I'm so glad you came. Love you, too, and hopefully we can make it over to see you guys soon! :)