Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reading again!

I got the Twilight book as a Christmas gift from Kristen this past year and I kept putting off reading it because I really didn't think I had enough spare time to read. Well, I finally started it last month and I was hooked. I couldn't put it down! It's amazing how you find time to do the things you love! And I really made the time to read that book... seriously... I finished it in about 3 days! It took me just over 2 weeks to read all 4 books in the series! Crazy, I know. It has been so long since I've read a good book and I had forgotten how much I LOVE reading! It's my escape from all the chaos and duties of real life!

Jill recommended that I read the Shack, so that's what I'm reading now and it is also good so far. It's a fiction story with some truth based stuff in it. You'll have to read it to know what I'm talking about. I personally kind of thought some of the writing was just a tad cheesy, but nobody else that I know that's read the book has said the same thing so it might just be me. Anyhow, if you can get past that part of it, it's a good story. If you like to read like me, then both of these books are good finds! Happy reading!

1 comment:

Kristen Brooks said...

YAY for reading! I had the shack on my list at www.paperbackbookswap.com but I took it out I think b/c it was about a kid getting kidnapped or something like that (right?) Maybe it's not that book. I cant read stuff like that :(
I am reading the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris right now! I'm on book 3--it's also really good! But my knitting & diaper making is taking up a lot of my reading time now!