Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My ex-lover, Sleep

I once had a secret lover... his name was Sleep. But Sleep has left me. And I can't even blame it on Korben.... as much of a mess as he is during the day, he's sleeping through the night until about 8:00am every morning. For a while, I was waking up several times in the middle of the night and I thought that was bad...but at least I was able to fall back asleep fairly quickly. Now, my body has like some sort of deal that it only falls asleep one time a day. If I wake up at any point during that sleep time, it's over. A couple of nights ago, I fell asleep on the couch... Josh woke me up around 11:00 to go to bed but it was 3:30am before I actually fell back asleep. Last night, I woke up at 12:30 and it was 5:30am before I finally fell back asleep! That's right, I was up for 5 HOURS in the middle of the night! Ugh, not fun...not fun at all. This morning really wasn't as bad... I got to sleep until 6:00am before the alarm woke me up when Josh got up for work. But even then, when Josh goes to work, I can usually just go right back to sleep... not today. What's so hard about it?? You close you eyes and sleep just comes right? When did it stop being so easy??? And why?? And will sleep ever visit me again?? Oh, how I hope it does! And soon! In the mean time, I guess I'll catch up on some reading and blogging.

3 comments:

Cam and Jill said...

maybe your new lover should be Nyquil!

The McGrew Crew said...

I was going to suggest something similar to Jill....My lover these days is Tylenol PM! It's a bad habit to get into, but it works for me! I'm a horrible sleeper myself! :)

Anna said...

Sorry you are having so much trouble! My lack of sleep is due to someone Nyquil can't fix, but I feel for you. ;)