Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Meet Sugar!

Josh and I got word that an animal shelter in Ennis was closing down and all un-rescued dogs would be put down. Josh suggested that we rescue one and I agreed. Well, turns out that all the dogs at that shelter had already been saved and placed in homes as of a few days ago. But we already got used to the idea of getting a second a dog so we went and visited the animal shelter in Rowlett. I really wasn't sure if we'd leave with a dog or not but I'm a sucker for abandoned and helpless animals... I should not have gone in that shelter because honestly, I wanted to take all of those poor animals home with me! It was at that shelter that we found Sugar! She is a 1 year old Husky that was left at the shelter by her previous owner because she apparently didn't get along with the cats. According to the last owner though, she gets along with any other living creature just fine, including children and other dogs! She looked so sweet that we just had to have her! So we took her home with us and she already fits right in with our family. Korben already loves her and calls her shu-shu and she loves Korben right back! She gets along great with Sam too. I think this match was definitely meant to be!



4 comments:

Anna said...

What a pretty dog! Way to save an animal Chaney family!

The McGrew Crew said...

How sweet! I agree with Anna, she's beautiful!!

kristi said...

ahhhhh......a new addition!! she is so pretty!!! and LOVE the name!!!

Kristi said...

cute! I'm so glad I found your blog!