Friday, November 6, 2009

Confessions of a Sleep Deprived Momma

As some of you know, I'm in Abilene this week. The trip has been going well and Korben and I have had a great time spending time with my family and a couple of old friends. When night comes around though, sometimes it is a different story. My parents live in an older house and the bedroom we're in has a sliding door. The bathroom right next to our room also has a sliding door. It's a little hard to explain if you have never seen these pocket doors but both of them are old, out of whack, and VERY loud. I wake up every single morning at around 5:00 am needing to pee. Every night. Without fail. Well every time I open that stupid sliding door, it's like an alarm clock going off to Korben and he wakes up. I got tired of going through this, so the other night when I woke up and needed to pee, I was trying to think of how I could avoid waking up Korben (holding it was NOT an option because I couldn't handle the pain of the pressure). And then a light bulb went off in my head. Korben pees in diapers. We happen to have some diapers right here. And yes people, I busted out a diaper and I peed in it! And then I went back to sleep thankful for the relief and that I didn't wake the baby. And I just admitted it on my public blog. So next time you're having a bad day, ask yourself if you've ever in your adult life had to pee in a diaper... if the answer is no, then count your blessings and have a good laugh at the fact that someone else out there has resorted to such lows! And then enjoy the rest of your not so bad day! :)

8 comments:

Anna said...

Wow Cassi! That is amazing! You just gave me a much needed morning laugh!

Angie Goss said...

Oh my goodness!!! I just had a cough attack from laughing!! That is greatness right there!

The McGrew Crew said...

LOL! Oh The things that us mothers will do for a little extra sleep! :)

kristi said...

PURE GREATNESS!!! hilarious cassi chaney!!!! and the fact that you shared this on your blog puts you in a new category of SUPER awesome!! don't be offended if the next time I see you in person........I get the giggles!!! LOVE IT!!!

Kara said...

Oh my!.... Oh my! What do you say to this? You crack me up!

Cathryn Elaine said...

You are now cool enough to join my Crazy Lady Club. I probably would have needed 2-3 diapers though. My bladder holds a lot.

Jeremy Goss said...

That is the most brilliant thing I have heard all day!!!

Now...I gotta start carrying extra's diapers for some odd reason.

Jeremy

Cam and Jill said...

Cam asid he already knew that trick...he's been doing it for years!