Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today....

Today I am sad. Sad about several different things going on with more than one group of friends. Sad that friends are struggling in their marriage, sad that another friend is still grieving the loss of her husband and father of her son. Sad that another friend lost her father this year. Sad that there have been several deaths in my own family this year, including a suicide. Sad that yet another friend is going through health issues that nobody can seem to figure out. I am sad that any of these are happening.

Today I am frustrated. Frustrated with all the drama that comes along with some of it. Frustrated that I feel like I haven't done enough and let people down. Frustrated that I feel so helpless in it all.

Today I am glad. Glad that there is One who knows all and holds the entire universe in His hands. Glad that He provides strength, comfort, grace, peace and love. Glad that when we are weary and burdened, He will give us rest. Glad that when people let us down, He never will. Glad that He is in control. Glad that even though we sometimes don't understand, we can still trust Him with all our heart. Glad that He has a plan...and it's good.


2 comments:

Tamara said...

TEARS!!! Lots of them! I really feel like I have been unable to explain all my feelings and moods lately....after reading this post - I think you have said it all... Love you!

Kara said...

Amen and ditto!