Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vocabulary Lesson

This may be quite a boring post for some of you... it's really for me... I haven't been too good at documenting Korbens milestones so this is really just kink of for that purpose. At just 17 months of age, Korben can say quite a few words... some are clear as day and some not so much to the untrained ear! And getting him to say things when you want him to is a challenge within itself! Anyhow, I'm sure I'll forget to list a word or two, but this is at least the majority of what Korben says:



Mama

Dada

Mommy

Pops

Grandpa (gan-poo)

Bird (bur)

Bear

Fishie (ishy)

Doggie

Sam (Sa-a)

Poo Poo

Diaper (by-pur)

Blueberry (bluh-bluh)

Apple Sauce (saw-saw)

Banana (na-na)

Cracker (cack-oo)

Juice (oose)

Milk (mek)

Water (wa wa)

Outside (ow-sigh)

Slide (sigh)

Bubbles (bub-oo)

Again (gin)

Uh-Oh

Oh No!

Amen

Ball

Hat

Hi

Bye

Thank You (dank-ee)

Up please (uh-ee)

Shoes

I know I'm completely bias... but doesn't that seem like quite a few words for a 17 month old? I personally think the boy is a genius! :) We are so proud of our big boy!





4 comments:

The McGrew Crew said...

Yea for Korben! What a smartie! Keep up the good work buddy!!

kristi said...

go korben..........mr. lots of words!!! the list will get longer & longer & cuter & cuter!!!

Anna said...

Doesn't he say shoes too? Way to go on the vocab Korben!

Cassi said...

Oh yeah, how in the world could I have forgotten about shoes?? It's one of his favorites! LOL Thanks, Anna! :)