Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Type of Summer Zoo!

Man I love Wednesdays! Josh is off of work and we get a chance to actually be a family and spend some time together as such! This past Wednesday, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. I have never been there in the 7 years that I've lived in DFW and have always wanted to go... and I figured Korben was old enough to actually enjoy it this year. It was so nice because practically the whole thing is INDOORS.... a great zoo experience to enjoy during these crazy hot Texas summers!! And though it's mostly aquatic life, there are also birds and monkeys and and a few other things that don't live in the water so it really was just like an indoor zoo! Korben just learned the word "bird" so everything went from being a doggie to being a bird that day! It was such a fun trip!




Guess I didn't actually get a picture of the monkeys... but this was their area



Josh got to feed the toucan a blueberry



Turtles!



"Mom, do you SEE all those fish??"


Reaching up to "touch" the sharks!



I love my mommy....


....and then I attack my mommy!




Flamingos!



Afterwards, we enjoyed a nice lunch at the Mayan Cafe....
I had some delicious chimichangas


Josh had the quesadillas...mmmm


And Korben was wondering how in the world he was going to eat all of those nachos!


He gave it a valiant effort! :)


And then decided to wear his to-go box :)





4 comments:

Kristen Brooks said...

That place is a BLAST! I haven't been since Andrew was Landon's age, we SO need to go again. Andrew's fav part was the penguins! And yeah, indoors is the way to go when it's flippin 105 outside!

kristi said...

oh how much fun! we are going there on Friday......so this was a perfect preview!! ac has never been!! can't wait!!!

Anna said...

That is the coolest place! I went there for a formal for college at night and it was so cool with all of the tanks lit up! It looks like you guys had some great family time!

Jennie said...

I absolutely LOVE the DWA!!! Since they renovated it, it's really fantastic. The only drawback -- the pricey entrance fee! :( But it's worth it to go once in awhile. Glad you had such a good time!

-- Jennie