Sunday, November 27, 2011

More Mommy Confessions

It's not as bad as peeing in my kid's diaper or refusing to tend to monthly female needs in order to keep the baby in my arms asleep, but here is today's confession....

Logan has been sick the last few days with a virus, sinus infection, and ear infection. He's not a heavy sleeper to begin with so not being able to breathe when he lays down has not been helping things. Friday night, I could not get him to sleep in his crib to save my life. I tried everything. We even have a crib wedge and one end of the crib propped up on books. After about the 7th failed attempt to get him sleeping in the crib, I went to plan B. I laid Logan down in his crib and then I climbed my ginormous adult self into that tiny crib, curled up into a semi-fetal position so I could actually fit, prayed with everything I had that my weight wouldn't send the crib crashing onto the floor in a million pieces, and then nursed my baby while laying on my side and him next to me so I wouldn't have to move him after he fell asleep. And then I climbed my ginormous adult self out of the baby crib with as much grace as possible - which was pretty much none. But at least Logan stayed asleep and the crib remained in one piece. A definite victory.

Confession #2: I did it again last night. And I foresee this going on until my poor sick baby is well again. To be honest, I'm ok with that.

To top everything off last night, after I finally got Logan to sleep, I went downstairs and found my husband asleep in his chair and Korben passed out on the floor soaking wet in pee. Yay. I picked him up and carried him upstairs to his room and got him cleaned up with a clean pair of pajamas on. I told him I was going to go get his medicine (he's sick too) and change clothes (mine were now wet with pee too from carrying him) and be right back. By the time I made it back with his meds, poor little man was already conked out again.

And that was my night. Pretty sure I would have laughed at anyone who told me what kind of things I would submit myself to as a mommy before I became one. :)

But looking at those 2 (now peaceful), sweet little boys sleeping made all of the chaos that it took to get there totally worth it. I wouldn't trade these days for the world.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, you brought tears to my eyes.
Hope the boys get well soon. You are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Let Uncle Jake have those two boys; Korben will have so much fun that he will be soo tired he will want to fall asleep and Logan I can rock a baby down so fast that he won't have time to scream; just ask Caroline!