Thursday, November 3, 2011

7 Months and Halloween

One of these days, I will catch up and post stuff on time. For now, here's another combined post since I'm late as usual (with Logan's monthly pic).

So my youngest son is now 7 months old! C.RA.ZY! He is just growing up way too fast for my liking! Although, I have to admit, I'm really enjoying watching his little personality blossom these days. The first thing I should point out about his personality is that he is a MOMMA'S boy through and through! He will tolerate other people for a while but then he wants his momma back! This is also the case during the day when I try to put him down in his exersaucer or in the play pen... he's good for a few minutes but that's it... then he's ready to get out and be held by mama again! I love the snuggle time but it does make for some difficult times getting anything done. If I'm being completely honest, it does get hard carrying a baby on your hip 24/7 but I try not to complain too much because I know these sweet baby cuddle days will not last forever and the day will come soon enough when mama is no longer his favorite person.  Actually, I've already got some competition with big brother! If only Korben was big enough to hold Logan by himself without having to sit down and be supervised. :)

Some other things that I'm enjoying seeing with Logan these days are his sweet little talks. He is talking a heck of a lot more these days. He alternates pretty regularly between saying "mama," "dada," and "buba." And Korben cheers him on every time. Pretty cute stuff. Logan has also started sreaming more... not in the "I'm upset" sense, but just because he thinks it's fun. He is so cute to watch when he get's excited about something. He kicks his legs, waves his hands, and lets out this little shriek! So so funny!







For Halloween, I had this super cute idea for the boys. Here is what I had in mind for Korben....

And this was going to be Logan's costume....
I mean really, how cute would that have been? A pirate and a parrot! But Korben saw a catalog with costumes and when he saw a Green Lantern costume, he had his little heart set on it and there was no changing his mind! And it didn't stop there... he wanted baby brother to be Incredible Hulk, Mommy to be Batgirl and at first, he wanted Daddy to be Green Lantern with him. His words were, "We're going to be a superhero family!" And how can you say no to that? I just couldn't crush that sweet little 3 year old's dream of having a superhero family for Halloween! Eventually though, Korben changed his mind about Josh's costume and he ended up being Captain America. I have to admit, it was pretty fun. :) And I'm sure Logan will appreciate his big brother picking out his first Halloween costume!

On the actual night of trick-or-treating, we met up with a group of friends that we've gone around the neighborhood with for the last couple of years. It was a little chaotic as it always is with such a large number of kids involved but super fun as always and we can't wait to do it again next year! 


The whole trick-or-treating gang

Our little superhero family :)

He absolutely loved being Green Lantern! His costume lit up and was completed with a light up sword and lantern bucket!

No comments: