Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tragedy of the Preggo Brain

I have an AWFUL memory. At least when it comes to short term memory. Seriously. I cannot tell you how many things I've lost, phone calls I've never returned, or play dates I've missed... all because I simply had a lapse in memory and forgot! And being pregnant certainly doesn't help things!

So, all week I've been looking forward to making some banana bread with Korben and today we finally did just that. I brought Korbens step stool into the kitchen so he could reach the counter, and together we mixed up some homemade banana bread, and I put it in the oven. It was supposed to take an hour to cook. It was a little after 4:00 and the bread had been in the oven for just 15 minutes and I realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast and was starving. I was planning on making pasta for dinner tonight but Josh wouldn't get home for another 2.5 hours and I really didn't feel like "making" anything else before I made dinner so I thought I'd load up Korben and go and grab something small real quick.

We made it back home about 20 minutes later but I decided that since it was a nice day today, I'd take Korben to the park for a little while. So instead of unloading Korben and going inside, I drove back out of the driveway and headed to the park.... totally forgetting that I still had banana bread in the oven! We played and had a great time at the park, completely oblivious to the burning bread in the oven back home. I didn't remember it until I was loading Korben back in the car to come home and when we finally did make it home, I think the bread had spent somewhere between 1.5-2 hours in the oven.... oops!

So needless to say, there will be no yummy banana bread eaten in the Chaney house tonight. Such a tragedy!



No comments: