Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Boy Talk

Our little boy has been quite the talker for most of his life (as long as he's not in the company of strangers). Even when he was just a few months old he would lay and talk to you for hours on end... of course it was mostly just smiley cooing and gibberish at that time! But even then I knew I was going to have quite the talker on my hands. Now Korben still talks up a storm all day and repeats anything you say, but he mostly talks in short sentences. He says things like, "Mommy, whata you doing?" and "Korben go night-night" and when he needs help with something, he says, "Help, Mommy. Please!" And he always refers to himself in third person. He's never said, "I, me, or mine" when referring to himself. If he wants to do something he says, "Korben's turn" or "That's Korbens."

Last night, he was trying to carry a bunch of his toys and his pillow and was having a hard time. I was waiting for the usual plea for help, but instead of the normal 3 word sentence my little boy normally uses, he said "Mom, can you help me please?" What in the world?? Where did that big boy sentence come from??? It was so cute hearing such a big sentence coming from that tiny little 2 year old voice, but I'm not sure I'm ready for my baby to be so big yet!

No comments: