Friday, July 2, 2010

And so it begins...

A couple of months ago, Josh brought up the idea of moving. I was totally against it at first... mainly because I loathe the whole moving process and we don't really NEED to move. But he got me looking at houses anyhow and slowly but surely I started to get excited about the idea. Besides, it would be nice to have a little bit more space. Still, I thought, we don't HAVE to move so we can take our time finding a house we like and getting our house ready to sell. I really thought it'd be about a year before it actually happened. So we've been looking in a ton of different neighborhoods... and we already found a house we like... in Woodcreek of all places! But it was out of our price range. But since it's in the neighborhood we already live in, we've randomly driven by it several times just to see if it's still for sale and dream about moving in. Well Josh drove by it a couple of days ago and it had a different realtor sign in the yard so he checked it out... and the price has been reduced! So if we can sell our house quickly and get an offer in on the other house before it gets snatched, we may actually be moving sooner than I thought!

And so it begins. We start on all of the hard work that goes into selling a house. I made a list of all the things that need to be done to our house so we can sell it and it really wasn't that bad. But last night, we started actually doing those things on the list and more and more things keep popping up. It's not an old house, so thankfully there aren't any major repairs or anything that need to be done, but all the little stuff is adding up quickly! We need to repair small cracks, do touch up paint in almost every room and the hardest part...declutter! That's a toughie with us just because we have a 2 year old that likes to re-clutter spaces with all of his stuff! I will say though, that caulk is my new best friend! I was kind of enjoying using that stuff last night! I'm weird like that. :)

We've got a meeting with a realtor next Wednesday and I'm sure he'll point out even more stuff that needs to be done so that'll be fun. Did you catch that sarcasm? :) But if we can sell our house quickly and get the house that we want, it will be worth it. **Crossing fingers**


4 comments:

The McGrew Crew said...

Ummm, yes, you will be doing MUCH more than you think! We've already met with our realtor and are hoping to have our house up in a week or so....as long as we get our 3-4 page list of "chores" done around the house...which includes storing about half of our furniture. Like you said, this would be much easier without 2 little monkeys hanging off me! Good Luck!! :)

Tamara said...

Haley/Cassi- Praying that both of your selling/buying goes smooth! We have friends in Rowlett that sold their house in a week and they already had a house in mind so it worked out great! No matter how much you hear that the market might not be great I have heard a ton of freinds and their tfriends sell fast! Very excited for you!

Kara said...

I hope we all have some good offers on our homes and soon! We keep finding things to do in our house as well. So much work!

Kristen Brooks said...

Are you joking? You live in a like 2700 sq ft house and you need more space? Boy I must live in a shack to you...
See I told you that we cant move out there b/c you will move!