Monday, August 31, 2009

Much needed R&R

I again forgot to charge my camera battery so we have virtually no pictures to go with this post, BUT our trip to Austin without munchkin this past weekend was really fun and much needed! My parents (Gram and Grandpa) came in from Abilene to watch Korben while we were gone. They arrived on Wednesday night and Josh and I left the house Thursday afternoon. Our goodbye's took a while mainly because I really didn't want to say goodbye to Korben for so long. But I made it through it and Korben was such a trooper! He barely fussed at all when we left, which I thought would be bittersweet for me b/c ya know, I want him to miss me, but it really made leaving easier knowing that I wasn't leaving him sad!

We didn't do much Thursday night... my aunt and uncle cooked some yummy steaks for us and we visited for a while and headed to bed. The main reason for going to Austin was to see the musical "Wicked" which was Friday night, but Josh and I also wanted to go bungee jumping... we're spontaneous like that! We searched for hours for a place we could go and got nowhere. We only found one place to call and nobody ever answered the phone.... so much for being spontaneous! So no bungee jumping that day. :( We ended up going downtown and eating lunch at a cool place called Opal Divine and then we went to the movies and saw G.I. Joe which was actually a pretty good movie.... all a little boring after what I THOUGHT we would be doing on Friday, but still fun! That night, we saw the Wicked musical and it was absolutely fantastic! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good musical!

Saturday, we were very "tourist-y" and went to the state capitol. Uncle Steve was a great tour guide and showed us all the cool stuff that recently got renovated. There was a big protest going on right outside the building too which was interesting. My favorite part of the day though was kayaking! We went up river and then docked by the dam and did a bit of swimming and visiting and then headed back down stream. It was gorgeous and so much fun! Afterwards, we had some delicious Mexican food at Maudies.... truly a great day and a great trip all together! Thanks Lori and Steve!

Sunday we headed home. Korben was sleeping when we got back but had a huge smile on his face when he woke up and saw Mommy and Daddy! It was so sweet! He immediately wanted his daddy and gave him a big hug and kiss. Mommy got her turn with the hugs and kisses after Korben and Daddy both got their fix. :) It was so good seeing that little guy and hearing his sweet voice again! According to Gram and Grandpa, he did super the whole weekend and wore them out! :) He stayed busy swimming in frog pool, learning to spell his name with sidewalk chalk, chasing Sam, and being his regular wild self! Thanks so much for taking such great care of Korben while we were gone!


No comments: