Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Korben First

Josh's work had a company dinner tonight for the account reps for having such a good month last month. It was a no kids event so Josh and I got to enjoy a kid free night, which was nice. Aunt D was kind enough to come over and babysit on super short notice and Korben took to her very quickly! Korben has done well with babysitters that he knows but I still have had to sneak out of the house so he doesn't get upset and while he get's over it pretty quickly, he does still sometimes get upset when I leave. Tonight however, was completely different. Aunt D is no stranger by any means but Korben doesn't see her as much as he sees other family so I wasn't sure how he'd do when I left... turns out that I had no need to worry at all! For the first time ever, Korben not only didn't get upset, but on the contrary, seemed quite pleased to see me go. He even waved at me and told me "Bye, Mom!" He has NEVER just waved me off like that and TOLD ME BYE! It was nice to be able to leave without any drama but I have to admit that a part of me was just a tiny bit sad that I wasn't going to missed.

When we got home, I felt better when Korben got really excited to see me and ran over to give me a super big hug, but that excitement left him about 5 seconds after Aunt D left. No tears when Mommy left, but there sure were a few when Aunt D left! I guess that just shows how much Korben loves her and how good she is with him! :)

Thank you so so much for taking such great care of my little boy, Aunt D! Korben can't wait to spend some more time with you!


No comments: